Tuesday, March 6, 2007

32 Months and 8 Days

Today is a beautiful day in March. The weather is a perfect, a crisp morning and it will be warm in the afternoon. We have been taking advantage of the extra daylight hours in the evening and venturing outside to talk with our neighbors. Last week you and I were out talking to Mr. Justin and Gus; when you saw your Dad turn down the street you yelled “Look Mr. Justin there is my Dad”. It was the sweetest thing. I put you down (you are afraid of Gus) and you ran up the driveway to meet your Dad.

Saturday we went out to ride your tricycle after you nap and we walked down to Jordan’s house and you had your first “play date”. Jordan is 6 and it was fun watching you two interact. All of her toys are pink and she has lots of dolls and you didn’t care. To you...it was cool just playing with new toys.

Last week all of us neighbors were out talking in the evening and you helped Mr. Paul move his dirt with a shovel, right after you were playing in it. Mr. Paul asked if you like to fish and you said no so he offered for you and dad to come fish with him. Now when we talk about Mr. Paul you ask about fishing. I think you would love to fish.

I went away a couple of weeks ago to Florida visiting the Space Shuttle for work. It was the first time I have been away from home in a couple of years and I was worried you and Dad were going to have a difficult time. Again…you proved what a wonderful child you are and everything went great. I called you at school everyday to check on you and spoke with you again at night before you went to bed. I think you were more excited about the prospect of getting a present than worried about me being gone. :D

Your behavior is improving and your dad and I are so proud of you. We even got awarded parents of the month at your school! WE ROCK. You are working so hard and your teachers and your parents can tell.

Last night when dad was putting on your show you told him you were “pointed” in him. I almost fell over laughing so hard. You meant you were disappointed in him, this is what mommy and daddy tell you when you get sent to the office at school. Oh man…nothing gets by you. You are so smart. It seems you are struggling with when you choose to use that knowledge.

Your dad and I are having our own struggle with removing your crib rail to convert your bed to a toddler bed. Like I’ve always said... you are a most excellent sleeper, you even crawl in your bed in the evening and out in the morning... once you are in …you are in. We’re just afraid you will know you have a bit more freedom and it scares us. We just need to suck it up. I am thinking Saturday morning the rail comes off and you are that much closer to independence. Excuse me while I wipe my tears.

Your eating habits are better but still no veggies. Dad found an excellent solution V8 Mango Juice or something like that. It gives you your entire serving of fruits and veggies in a tasty juice. That works for us…until you decide you will eat any veggie that is not corn.

Your most watched movie this last couple of days is NEMO. Saturday it was the Incredibles and Cars. You hate to wear pants that are too big. The one time you did you were scarred. Now you think all your jeans are too big. We have to tell you to try them on and we will take them off if they are too big. They never are.

You are brushing your teeth like a champ…spitting and everything. So…big…so big. At night you like to hide in Daddy’s office with him and I always have to ask Dad if he has seen you. Then I go around the house looking for you. When I come back I hear a faint meow in the corner…it’s you.

You read “Papa, Please Get Me the Moon” to me the other night, almost verbatim. There is something about a two year old that includes “indeed” when they are speaking. Of course you are not reading you have heard the story so many times you know it by heart. Or are you? Daddy told you a Magic Ladybug story when I was gone and you ask me to tell you that story and I tell you I don’t know it. Then you tell me the story. LOVE IT!

That about covers it for the last month, your dad and I love you very much and we really understand how hard you are working to be good at school, we are very proud and we thank you.

Love,
Mom

No comments: