Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Too long...

Hello Boys…miss me? Yes, it has been quite a while since your last update and I apologize for that. Life happens as you well know and sometimes you just have to roll with it.

Last time I checked in...Bug, you were dating and Monkey, you were trying to crawl. What a difference 8 months makes.

Bug, you graduated from Pre-K and are now officially a Kindergartener. I am beside myself typing that out. Your first day of Kindergarten was not outwardly as emotional as I thought it would be. I believe you are responsible for that…you were simply amazing. You handled yourself with such confidence and poise. I was in awe as I watched with joy as you walked to your class, put your backpack and lunch away and sat at your assigned seat and did you thing. I could tell your Dad and I were no longer needed so we said our goodbyes and left you to begin your formal education endeavors. I shed a tear or two on my way to work but it was because I was so proud of you and the hard work you have put in over the last year. You have come so far.



Monkey you are now in suite 150. When I last reported you had just moved to 100. Let’s just say the transition to 150 was not as seamless as 100. I think there were several factors going on. Teething…which is very difficult on you AND we had just returned from an extended vacation in San Diego. It took you a couple of weeks to get acclimated but true to form you adapted and you now love your class…only to begin preparations for transitioning into 200 by the end of this month. In only three months. Monkey…they tell me you are moving up because you are advanced and this is a true statement but I also wonder how much of it has to do with the biting…boy…you are a biter.

Of course you are walking, running and talking now. You started walking around the end of May and have not looked back. I love when I walk into a room and you run to me with the biggest smile on your face. My heart swells when I see you do that to your Dad as well.

You are a good eater. I must say much better than your brosef. I do not have anything specific that you do not like. A few of your favorites: Avocadoes, Lox, scrambled eggs, pancakes, donuts, ravioli, hot dogs, bananas, applesauce, sausage, yogurt, just to name a few, I could go on. I hope beyond hope that you do not ever lose your zest for trying new foods.



Well boys this summer started out with a vacation to San Diego to see the grandparents, aunt and cousins. Monkey, this was your first airplane ride. Uphill you did great. You even slept for 20 minutes…downhill on the way back…no dice. Let’s just say I got to know the flight attendants really well on our flight.

We stayed nine days and I think we succeeded and showing the both of you a good time. Bug, you played and played with your cousins, in the house, at the beach, at mema’s, and while picking strawberries. You spent the night at Aunt Stefanie’s a couple of times and one night a Nana and Papa’s. You did great. You were exhausted every day.

Monkey, this was a good trip for you too. You met your cousins and your Aunt for the first time. And you discovered your love for strawberries while in the strawberry fields.

It was so close to your birthday’s that Mema, Nana and Papa had a party for you. Both of you had a great time opening presents and eating cake. I was so glad you both were able to share your celebrations with your California family.

When we returned we got into the swing of a summer routine. Bug, your school offered swimming lessons during the day and we signed you up and who knew you were a fish. Sunday mornings are our family pool mornings and your Dad and I were floored the first time we saw you swim. One of the lifeguards even made a comment on how good your technique is. Of course…you never do anything halfway.

Monkey, you are the post child for water babies. You love the water and we so enjoyed our family time playing with you boys at the pool.

Bug, you received your yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do a few weeks ago. I haven’t been going to your classes because your brother wants to play with the big boys and he is too little right now. I was very impressed when I came to your testing. Again, what a difference a year makes. Very mature and confident, I am so proud of you.

Monkey you are talking up a storm. You say banana, stinky…and when I ask if you are stinky you will run and get me a diaper and lay down on the floor. You can say down and my suspicion is because when we go to the grocery store on Sunday afternoons I am constantly telling you to sit down. Your first word…other than Dada and Mama was shhoooooe? When you say it you sound like you are asking a question. Just last week you learned A-choo when I was singing “On Top of Ole Smokey” to you.

You have fallen in love with your bear and the two of you are starting to become inseparable. Right now you have a molar coming in on the bottom left and those bad boys wreak havoc with your system. Thankfully we are near the end of that milestone…at least while you cannot articulate your feelings.

I also have to add you are the most accident prone child since…well…me. We have been to the emergency clinic twice, x-rays, an ambulance ride and had an overnight at Texas Children’s…all before you were one. We need to work on getting you off that frequency.

This is long post but I had a lot to catch up on. My promise to you both is that I will keep up with this blog on a more regular basis from now on. The memories are too priceless to let fall by the wayside.

I love you both very much. Thanks for letting me by your mom.

Love,
Mom

No comments: