Thursday, January 18, 2007

Your first SNOW (ICE) day

Yesterday school was cancelled due to the ice storm that rolled through town on Tuesday night. You do not yet fully understand the significance of a snow day in Texas. Although it did not technically snow Houstonians are not used to driving around on ice and do it very poorly. So we had a mommy and me day!

I got you up around 9:30 due to the most excellent sleeper that you have become and I will forever thank you for that. You helped me make pancakes and we pigged out during an episode of Dora.

After Dora we moved on to Over the Hedge, anything but The Incredibles or Cars...I can recite every line. I really enjoyed snuggling with you on the couch and protecting you from the bear. After two back to back showings of Over the Hedge you had lunch and went down for a nap until 4:30, that's my boy.

I know I won't win any "mother of the year" awards for filling your day with TV but you seemed to enjoy it and I enjoyed "enjoying" it with you. :D

When daddy got home we broke out the Quesadilla maker and made you a chicken and cheese quesadilla. You absolutely loved them. You ate more than I did. From now on we will forever have a quesadilla night once a week.

I enjoyed spending time with you yesterday and perhaps in about 5 more years we may have another Snow day to enjoy together.

Love,
Mom

No comments: