Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh Witty One...

We were all sitting at the dinner table last night, we were finishing up our dinner and as usual had the TV on to your favorite cartoons (I very clearly understand many people think having the TV on during dinner is the worst thing you can do as a parent right next to leaving your four year old at home alone but ya know what…it works for us, for now) and your dad and I were reading a magazine and all of the sudden you exlaim…”I bet he didn’t see that coming!” I look up at your dad for non verbal clarification and he already has his head in his hands cracking up and I begin laughing so hard I start crying.

I ask your dad what was going on in the cartoon and he proceeded to explain the end of the cartoon where the wolf was tormenting the dog while he was singing opera. At the end the dog got his revenge and brought the wolf on stage and started tormenting him…this is where you come in “I bet he didn’t see that coming!” YOU ARE A FREAKIN GENIUS. You are four…right…do your remember that? You aren’t supposed to be making witty statements of that caliber much less using them in the correct context.

Thank you son! What a great moment.

1 comment:

Gerbil said...

HAH! That's fabulous.