Wednesday, July 2, 2008

48 Months

Dear Bugamug,

June 26th you turned four. Holy cow I have a four year old.







Congratulations son you became a big brother on June 12th and you handled it like a pro. Mom went into labor early in the morning on the 12th and you went to the hospital with your dad and me. Mommy was in a lot of pain and you kept telling me on the way it would be ok. Thank you baby…It really helped me hearing you say that. I thought yeah…everything is going to be ok with all my boys with me soon.

The last month leading up to your birthday has been busy around the house getting ready for your little brother. You and I spent time on the weekends at the pool. I really enjoyed that time with you, especially knowing in a few weeks my time would be divided.

You are doing great at school. Your friend that we will call ‘D’ moved up to your class and we were starting to see the bad behavior pattern start again. Thankfully you showed such a great response when you were by yourself in that class the teachers were able to see what the catalyst was…’D’. We spoke to your teachers and they said they are going to try to keep you apart and they plan on moving you up to 500 in August…at this rate you will be graduating high school in three years.

Your progress has been substantial; you can write your name and numbers. You are learning to spell and all in two short months of being in your new class. It is amazing what you pick up if you are not distracted by trouble makers.

I love seeing you with your brother. As soon as you get home from school you wash your hands and want to hold him. The other night your dad mentioned something to you about your brother crying and you replied “That is just what he does”. Another time when your brother was upset you asked your dad to sing to him the song he used to sing to you ‘Rock a Bye Baby’. Your dad and I can’t believe you remember that…you were two.

Right now you are into Taekwondo and you love to swim. Taekwondo has taken a back seat the last few weeks and you missed getting your third stripe and the opportunity to test for the next belt. This upcoming month we should be able to get you back on track. You are doing a great job at the pool, your dad and I are looking into lessons for you but with your dad’s impending knee surgery we may have to put that off a few weeks and go to QLS.

Mema came to stay with us for a week to spend some time with you while I was in the hospital with your brother. You two got to know each other a lot better and you tested her…it’s what you do. Your dad and I were very glad she was able to come in a help and spend time with you.

For your birthday we had a low key cake and presents on Thursday and you and your dad went to the movies on Saturday to see WAL-E. You sorta liked the movie, according to your dad but you got scared in some places.

You have been exceptionally understanding these last few weeks, your dad and I can’t get over how grown up and mature you’ve been regarding your brother. You have been very attentive and caring as I knew you would be. Don’t ever lose those qualities.

Goodbye three year old…hello four year old and what we all grow as a family of four together.





Love,
Mom

No comments: