Friday, August 1, 2008

Newsletter: 49 Months

The last month has flown by, mostly due to the addition to our family in the form of your little brother. He demands much of my time therefore you have been spending a lot of time with your Dad. Not that you care, you are such a Daddy’s boy and it makes me happy to see your relationship flourish. You have an amazing Dad son, I hope you guys will remain close and continue to have amazing adventures together.

After your fourth birthday we went to see Dr. Flanagan for your four year checkup. You charmed all the nurses and tried to negotiate your way out of your FOUR…count them…FOUR vaccination shots. They were close to caving but alas they did not and boy you handled those shots like a champ. I explained before hand that you would have to get a shot and you told me you did not like shots. I explained it was to keep you from getting sick. You seemed to understand this explanation but made it abundantly clear you did NOT want a shot. I had tears in my eye, much like I did the first time you received your vaccinations, I don’t like anyone hurting my boy. You were fine through the first two then the last two did you in. Even then you cried for less than a minute. You took a minute, I wiped your tears while you composed yourself and you walked with your shoulders held high from the room then promptly asked for a sucker.

You had a ‘play date’ a couple of weeks ago with Taylor. The Dugan’s came and picked you up and took you to see “Space Chimps”. They said you had a great time and enjoyed the movie. Ms. Karen gave you a sucker in which you proceeded to dip into your popcorn and eat the popcorn off the sucker. I see you working, a combination of salt and sweet. You may have something there.

You were able to take swimming lessons this year at the local pool. You did 'swimmingly' well. With every lesson you gained confidence in the water...not to mention your teacher was easy on the eyes as well. I am sure your confidence was spurned from trying to impress the ladies. It is to be expected...you are a Wayne.

We’ve been seeing issues with school rear their ugly head again. I’ll follow up in the next newsletter on how your Mom and Dad decide to handle this old development.

So...until next month when I will have much more to talk about. We love you boy!







Love,
Mom

No comments: