Friday, November 21, 2008

Newsletter: Month 5






Dear Monkey,

Another month in the books; I can’t believe how time is flying and how much you are growing. In the evenings before you go to sleep I just look down at your innocent face as you look back at me and both of us are smiling. I love our evenings together in the soft darkness of your room rocking to the hum of the noise maker and fan lulling you to sleep. You are truly an angel sent from heaven. I wrap you up like a burrito and rest your head on my shoulder and breathe in your scent, it is so very intoxicating. I know these nights won’t last so I cherish everyone.

This past month we found ourselves in the doctor’s office. Your “movements” (another word for poop) were very loose and frequent. I had to go pick you up from daycare on two occasions. The doc said a bug was going around and you weren’t dehydrated, that was a relief. It took about seven days before you got over it. Now…you are regular as clockwork. I thought you would appreciate that.

You are working on your next milestone – sitting up. You hate laying down these days and you love…love…love to sit up. You can do it a bit if your hands are bracing you in sort of a tripodish fashion. After a minute or two you start to lean and whoop…there ya went.

You have discovered your feet as well and you love to grab them all the while squealing in delight.

You are doing great with your food. Bananas seem to be your favorite right now. Soon I will start the veggies and perhaps beef or chicken stuff. We will see.

As far as sleeping goes it is hit or miss. Some nights you sleep all the way through others you get up at 2 or close to 5 but I can pretty much always get you back to sleep easily and on the weekends we can sleep in till 7 or 8.

Turning over is getting stronger but you hate being on your back so much I am not sure if you will be able to master it…you have to be standing or at the very least standing up.

Turkey day is next week and you will get to meet Nana and Papa from California. You will love them and Nana is going to eat you up!

Tomorrow you will visit Miss Jodie for a couple of hours; I know you will have fun. Next newsletter it will just about be Christmas, I can’t wait.

Until next month...

Love,
Mom

No comments: