Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 2008 Newsletter

Bugamug and Monkey,

Ok boys, in an effort to streamline things and in order to keep them “simple” and to actually finish your newsletters they will now officially become “monthly” newsletters. I find myself not having making time or the effort and I really enjoy writing these, sometimes I find I lack the words, especially when I just completed one and two weeks later it is time for another and there is the fact that I find myself saying the same things. Welcome to 2009.

Bugamug, I apologize, you got shorted your November and December newsletters but I’ll talk about some of the fun things that went on. Nana and Papa visited us for Thanksgiving. You had a great time with them and your bond strengthened. Papa played with you without question everything time you asked. One day we all went ice skating. Your Dad and I had so much fun skating around with you. Papa videoed and took pictures while Nana tended to your sleeping brother.

Soon after Nana and Papa left we made ready for Christmas. You and I put the tree up and decorated the house. Mema would also be visiting us soon.

A week or so before Mema visited it snowed. That’s right, you read right…it snowed. When I was picking you up from school there were a few flurries but nothing crazy and they kept saying it wouldn’t stick because it was almost 80 the day before. You and I caught a couple of snowflakes on our tongues, giggled and marveled at what we were experiencing before getting into the car and heading home.

A few hours later I was walking by the front door and decided to take a peek and holy cow…the ground was white. I ran upstairs to get you up so you could play but you didn’t want anything to do with that! You were cold and wanted to go back to bed. Oh well…I tried.

The next morning before school I took pix of you and your brother in what was left of the snow. At school that day you took my gloves and thankfully they let you and your friends go out in the morning and have snowball fights. It will probably be another 4 years before we see snow in these parts…if we are lucky.

Mema came in the week of Christmas and we had a great time celebrating Christmas and visiting. It took you forever to go to sleep on Christmas Eve and you got up at 4:00am on Christmas morning reeling from all the presents Santa left under the tree.

We spent the better part of the day opening presents and enjoying the morning. Monkey, you didn’t know what to think…you just wanted to eat the wrapping paper.

All in all it was a good day and the holidays were very special with addition to the family. Every year will get better and better from here on out.

Monkey, you are sitting up very strong now. We still sit you in the Boppy or the Bumbo to give you a bit of help but you are pretty much doing it on your own. You are STILL NOT sleeping through the night. I take that back, you slept through the night two days in a row but not sense then. I wish I could figure out what is keeping you up…but thankfully I can get you back down in 30 minutes and you are good until morning. You are so not your older brother when it comes to sleeping.

You are such a happy baby. You smile at everyone and everything and people are naturally drawn to you. You begin visiting suite 100 at school tomorrow and I can’t believe you are already changing rooms. It seems I just dropped you off in the infant room for the first time just a few weeks ago.

Everyone at school knows and loves you, it is the smile. You have a gift that makes everyone feel special when they are around you. Don’t ever lose that quality.

Well boys, it is the start of a new year and your Dad and I are excited to see the last one over. Bugamug you continue to be a piece of work; articulate, smart and unbelievably likeable, even when you are knee deep in trouble. Monkey, you are healthy and you are growing up so fast, keep smiling and loving life. We will do everything in our power to make that happen.

I love you boys…I so love saying that.

Love,
Mom

No comments: